sábado, 15 de marzo de 2008

False Start

Sitting in providence right now, I just had the most absurd run around in an airport. Come to providence, flight cancelled, thank you air Canada, go home, come back at 4:30, flight cancelled, thank you air Canada, wheel and deal on the phone with this guy from air Canada for about an hour and we figure out an indirect way to Toronto. I leave dad, he takes one last picture and then I’ve been scheduled to be randomly searched. Go figure, my shoes and cell phone both set off some type of terrorist alarm and I’m waiting in the detainee section at 5:55 for a 6:00 flight, basically I’m thrilled. “Mr. Callahan can you describe your day to me?” “Listen man, I’ve been back and forth from the airport twice, and THAT’S IT”. They run a few more tests on my shoes and phone and predictably they found out that they were just that, shoes and a phone. So I throw all my stuff together, boots half laced, p-coat flying behind me like a cape and sprint to terminal eight, which is, of course, the very last terminal. I caught a few awkward glances as I come to a screeching halt at terminal eight. I would have missed the fight if it had taken off on time, but like everything else in this airport, they too are behind schedule. I’m headed to Laguardia, then to Toronto and if all goes to plan and the stars align I will be in Santiago, Chile by noon tomorrow. WOO! Change of plan…flight to LaGuardia delayed making my connection in Toronto impossible, we’ll try again tomorrow.

No hay comentarios: